Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Disclaimers about me

Just so you have been warned before deciding to read my blog regularly, here are a few things you ought to know about me (in no particular order):
  • I breastfeed my children (yes, both of them) and believe in child-lead weaning 
  • I am a member of La Leche League 
  • I am the secratary of our local chapter of ICAN (International Cesarean Awareness Network)
  • I believe in natural childbirth and in allowing women to make educated decisions about how and where they birth their babies. I am strongly opposed to anything that limits these choices.
  • My son was born via emergency C-section due to cord prolapse after a wonderful natural labor attended by my husband and midwifes at the hospital (birth story to come) 
  • My daughter was born at home after an extremely difficult labor attended by mostly my husband with my midwife standing by. Eeva is my little VBAC baby (Vaginal Birth After Cesarean) - birth story also to come
  • I practice attachment parenting. My children are attached to me and I think that is the point.
  • I co-sleep with my children on purpose and I enjoy it.
  • I love baby wearing 
  • I try to use gentle discipline and say yes more then no.
  • We use cloth diapers
  • I believe in taking good care of the earth that we live in and being good stewards of the land
  • I am a fan of simple living. I try to simplify things do stuff myself, rather then paying some one else to do it (or make it).... now if only I had more time. I like life simple but in reality it gets pretty crazy somedays. 
  • While I try to be a good mother and wife, I am often very moody and grumpy. I yell and say mean things. It is something that I am constantly working on.
  • I like to consider myself to be a feminist, an environmentalist, and a hippy (Ben doesn't agree with these labels but he has different definitions of the words then I do...So I guess it is debatable)
  • I can't spell and I don't like to proof read (a very bad combination when writing)
  • My house is almost always a mess and there are always dirty dishes in the sink.
  • I love to cook. I especially enjoy making things that you would usually buy - replacing them with healthy home made versions that only have ingredients that I can pronounce. Some items I make regularly and others I have just tried a few times (more on this later). This contributes to the point above.
  • I am pretty sensitive. Please be kind and respectful when commenting on my blog, especially when you don't agree with me
There!... now you know.

    2 comments:

    Jen M said...

    great disclaimers..maybe i should do one on my blog. If that's alright with you. I love your cooking Janice. One of these days i'd love to get some recipes from you. Especially your egg rolls we had when we where there at your home. Those are so yummy!

    Janice said...

    Egg roll recipe to come! As soon as I make them so I can get so good photos

    Post a Comment