Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Happy Easter

We went to visit Ben's family in Utah for Easter. We had a wonderful time. We played with cousins.

  Heber absolutely loves playing with his cousins and has so much fun. He especially loves when they read to him, even if it is a made up story.

Eeva has a thing for hat right now. She will pick up anything that looks like it can go on her head and ask me to put it on.

Ah, cousins are so much fun!! Heber wouldn't take the basket off his face. Eeva wouldn't hold still and stand by the other kids.


We had an Easter egg hunt that the kids really enjoyed.





 Heber was very excited and would shout "I found an egg, I found an egg!" (Heber needs a hair cut but I kind of like it long. The rebel in me say's let it be.)

Eeva got distracted and decided to pick flower instead.

My friend Robyn does so really great things to celebrate Easter week. I would love to incorporate some of these ideas to help focus more on our Savior. This year the friend magazine had an article on the last week of the life of Jesus. We tried to read each part on the corresponding day but ended up reading it all in just a couple of day. Hopeful things will get easier as my kids get older but I'm not sure that will be the case.

I really need to work on spending time teaching my children about Christ, reading scriptures, and praying with them. I think it would do wonders to make us all feel more peace and less... crankiness and negativity.We all seem to be in such a rut right now - oh the whining and fussing! It's not just the kids either, I think I am the biggest contributor right now. I want to create a more peaceful happy home and it needs to start with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment