Friday, October 15, 2010

stuff

I haven't posted here for quite a while but I didn't realize it had been almost a month. I think that the longer I go with out posting, the less ideas I have for posting. I think I would like to do a post at least once a week. As far as blog reading goes, I like shorter posts more often but I seem to struggle with short posts. We will see how it goes.

I have been knitting this dress for little Eeva.
 

Prior to this, the only things I have knit are scares, dishrags, and leggings. So considering all of that, it has gone quite well. I am about half way through. It is far from mistakes but I think I would like to am another one at some point now that I know what I am doing.   I am making it in green with brown booties. I will post pictures when it is finished. It has been so much fun to knit.

We have had the rounds of a stomach bug that I sure was pick up at my cousins wedding 2 weeks ago. Several members of the extended family have all been sick. Heber and I were sick last weekend and Ben was sick early in the week. Eeva came down with it yesterday and it hasn't been fun. Amazingly this is the first time that she has ever been sick. It is such a contrast to Heber who gets sick a lot. I attribute this to vastly different birth experiences but who really knows. Heber got lots of antibiotics through my breast milk (I got an infection from my C-section and was on some pretty mega doses) and I think that really taxed his immune system. 

I came across this website playscapes and my mind has been spinning with idea for creating an outdoor playscape for the kids. I have also found many places I want to visit. They all so like so much fun but here are few of my favorites (click picture to go to website):


 
 

 
 



Anyway, So so many cool places to play. You should go check it out.  

That is all for now. Have a nice weekend. Leave me a comment : )

4 comments:

Unknown said...

that dress is beautiful! i wish i could fit into it!! you are so talented. i LOVE the playscape idea. i think it would be great to make one out of recycled materials, like that tire one. it looks so bright and magical. i usually don't care for blogs and the few i do read are solely for art, but i enjoy reading about your adventures and ideas very much. i miss you! and i will let you know when i come to idaho. :D

Janice said...

Aw, thanks Hali. I miss you too. I hope you come soon!

Sarah said...

I wish I knew how to knit. I asked for a knifty knitter (the round circle thing that makes hats) for my birthday. But I wish that I just knew how to knit so I make make other cool things. I definitely want to see a picture when you are done!

Janice said...

Sarah, I'll teach you to knit next time I see you : ). I think that would be a great reason for a visit. Knitting is so much fun when it isn't crazy frustrating

Post a Comment